AS 45.45.105 - AS 45.45.110
Sec. 45.45.105. Unsolicited merchandise.
- A person may not offer merchandise for sale, in any manner, when the offer includes the voluntary and unsolicited sending of merchandise not actually ordered or requested by the recipient, either orally or in writing.
- Unsolicited merchandise received shall be considered an unconditional gift to the recipient who may use or dispose of it in any manner the recipient sees fit without obligation to the sender.
Sec. 45.45.110. Definitions.
- In AS 45.45.100 and 45.45.105
- "merchandise" means personal property capable of manual delivery that is produced, displayed, held or offered for sale by a manufacturer, distributor or merchant;
- "merchant" means an owner or operator of a place of business used for displaying, holding or selling personal property capable of manual delivery, and the agent, consignee, employee, lessee, or officer of the owner or operator;
- "premises" means an establishment or part of one in which merchandise is displayed, held or offered for sale.