Anchorage District Attorney's Office
The Anchorage District Attorney's Office prosecutes violations of Alaska criminal statutes in the Municipality of Anchorage, the Bristol Bay Region (Dillingham and Naknek), and the Aleutian-Pribilof Islands (Unalaska, Sand Point, and St. Paul). The Anchorage District Attorney's Office works with law enforcement agencies to promote safe and secure environment communities. The Anchorage District Attorney's Office seeks to minimize the impact of the criminal justice system on the lives of victims, witnesses, and families. The Anchorage District Attorney's Office strives to exercise its prosecutorial authority fairly.
The Anchorage District Attorney's Office wants to connect with members of our community. Please contact the District Attorney's Office at (907) 269-6300 if you would like one of our prosecutors to attend or participate in a school, church, or community group presentation or meeting. Read More...
Prevent Burglary & Vehicle Theft
The problem: According to the FBI a burglary occurs in the U.S. every 15.4 seconds. Most burglaries occur during the summer months during the day. The average burglar spends no more than 4-5 minutes to break in. Find how to reduce your risk of being targeted.
Vehicle Theft Prevention
Did you know?
- In the United States, a vehicle is stolen every 33 seconds?
- The number one reason for motor vehicle theft is keys left in the car!
- You can help prevent vehicle theft. Find out how.
2018 Press Releases
- 12/07/18 Anchorage Man Indicted for South Anchorage Murder and Attempted Murder
- 08/17/18 Two Indicted for Murder in 2017 Royal Suites Lodge Fire
- 07/12/18 Anchorage Man Indicted in January 2018 Homicide
- 03/14/18 Anthony Teayoumeak Indicted On Numerous Sexual Assault Charges
- 03/12/18 Simon Weyiouanna Indicted for Murder of Cheri Ingram
- 03/09/18 Anchorage Man Indicted On Sexual Assault And Sexual Abuse Charges
- 03/07/18 Anchorage Couple Indicted for Attempted Murder at Muldoon Fred Meyer
- 02/23/18 Anchorage Man Indicted on Multiple Counts for Sexually Abusing Minors
- 02/07/18 Four Indicted for January 2018 Anchorage Robbery
- 11/15/18 Former Mclaughlin Staff Member Convicted of Sexual Abuse of Juvenile Inmate
- 11/07/18 Anchorage Man Convicted of Vehicle Theft and Burglary of Commercial Marijuana Grow in Two Separate Trials
- 10/23/18 Pagopago Beefcake Lelilio Convicted of Attempted Murder of a Police Officer
- 07/13/18 Christian Beier Convicted of Attempted First Degree Murder
- 06/18/18 Man Convicted of Multiple Assaults, Felon in Possession of Firearm
- 06/18/18 Man Convicted for Felon in Possession of Firearms
- 06/15/18 Anchorage Woman Convicted of Anchorage Robbery
- 04/16/18 James Kirk Convicted of First Degree Robbery
- 04/12/18 Anchorage Man Convicted of Robbery in the First Degree
- 03/21/18 Jason Hankinson Convicted of Residential Burglary
- 03/19/18 Benjamin Hancock Sentenced On Felony Assault Conviction
- 02/20/18 Anchorage Man Convicted for January 2017 Robbery
- 02/01/18 Sosaia Misa Convicted of Four Counts of Sexual Abuse of a Minor